On December 4, 2017 a structural unit was formed and it’s functionally responsible for educational and social work at the university. The section is subordinate to the vice-rector for educational work.
- Sovostyanova Tatyana Anatolyevna – Vice-rector for educational work;
- Shaikhina Saule Shakhatovna – Head of the section of educational and social work;
- Baybolova Kamshat Nurgalievna – Chief specialist;
- Nadirbekova Aisha Oyykbaevna –Psychologist.
Goals and objectives of educational work
PURPOSE: comprehensive development of the personality of a future competitive specialist with higher professional education, who has a high culture, intelligence, social activity, and the qualities of a patriotic citizen.
- the formation of high moral culture among students;
- the formation of an active citizenship and patriotic consciousness, legal and political culture;
- the formation of personal qualities necessary for effective professional activity;
- inculcation of skills in team management in various forms of student self-government;
- preservation and enhancement of the historical and cultural traditions of the university, continuity in the education of students;
- strengthening and improving the physical condition, the striving for a healthy lifestyle, the upbringing of intolerant attitudes towards tobacco smoking, drugs, alcoholism, antisocial behavior.
The main directions of educational work:
- Civil-patriotic upbringing: the formation of students of high patriotic consciousness, feelings of love and loyalty to the Fatherland;
- Spiritual and moral, aesthetic upbringing: the upbringing of students of morality and high culture of the Kazakhstani intellectual, in the creation of a young man’s attitude towards a positive perception of the values of domestic, national art and the best examples of world culture; tolerant, respectful and careful attitude to the traditions of culture, art and religion of people living in multinational Kazakhstan;
- Professional upbringing: the development of students’ need for study, the upbringing of the attitude to work and professionalism as the highest moral and life values;
- Legal: fostering students’ immunity to destructive religious ideology, understanding the place and role of religion in society. The development of socio-political literacy, the prevention of delinquency and crime among young people;
- Healthy lifestyle: the formation and upbringing of the need for a healthy lifestyle, participation in amateur sports competitions, the organization of sports leisure for students;
- Social: clarification of the principles of social partnership, the formation and development of a volunteer student movement.
COUNCIL OF CURATORS
The Council of curators of the University is a deliberative body that is part of the system of educational process management, coordinating the educational, methodological and organizational work of university curators.
The Board of Curators includes:
- Sovostyanova Tatyana Anatolyevna – Chairman of the Council of Curators;
- Shaikhina Saule Shakhatovna – Deputy Chairman of the Council of Curators;
- Kaskenova Bagdat Rakhymgazievna – Secretary of the Council of Curators;
- Nurbek Atototy Beisembaevna – Senior curator of the faculty General Medicine;
- Kulbaeva Rimma Tursynovna – Senior Curator of the Faculty of Dentistry;
- Stroeva Anastasia Aleksandrovna – Senior Curator of the Department of Public Health and Nursing;
- Seitova Zhanerke Dauletovna – Senior Curator of the Faculty of Pharmacy
The curator is a mentor of an academic group who:
- contributes to the formation of the group’s asset and the establishment of the relationship between the group’s asset and the academic group;
- together with the group’s asset, defines the goals and objectives facing the student group for a year. Together with the group’s asset develops a work plan for the year and submits it for approval to the head of the department;
- introduces students with the University’s internal regulations, the Regulation on the rating system for assessing knowledge, with structural units and student public associations of the University;
- monitors student performance and attendance, works in contact with the office-registrar’ service;
- helps students make effective use of academic and extracurricular time, teaches students to plan independent work;
- carries out work on vocational guidance of students, involvement in conferences, seminars, competitions, round tables, debates, sports competitions, community service and other events.
All activities of the curator are carried out on the basis of contacts and coordinated actions with public organizations of the University and the student group. The first assistant to the curator is the head of the student group.
The Student Council is a student self-government body of the NEI “KazRosmeduniversitet” created at the initiative of students to implement goals aimed to solving important issues of student’s life, developing social activity, supporting and implementing social initiatives.
In the 2018-2019 academic year a student of the General Medicine faculty, Oralbaev Nurbol, was elected as the chairman of the Student Council by the general voting of a student’s asset.
For the purpose of social support of students the University approved the “Regulation on the provision of social assistance to students”. University provides tuition benefits. Order No. 362 dated December 29, 2017 “On amendments to the structure of the commission on social issues” was issued.
By the decision of the commission privileges for tuition’ payment were provided:
- in the 2017-2018 academic year discounts on tuition in the amount of 50%, 20%, 10% were given to 12 students, 50% discounts on accommodation in hostel were given to 6 students (orphans – 5; parent with a disability – 1).
- in the 2018-2019 academic year – discounts on tuition in the amount of 50%, 20%, 15%, 10%, 5% were given to 48 students, the opportunity to monthly payments were given to 48 students.
- In the 2019-2020 academic year discounts on tuition in the amount of 50%, 20%, 15%, 10%, 5% were given to 54 students, the opportunity to monthly payments were given to 58 students.
In order to improve the quality of educational work at the university the Leisure Center was created by order of the Rector No.2a dated January 5, 2017.
The center is organized for self-realization of the personality of students, the formation of a moral culture and to meet the needs of students, teachers in the intellectual, cultural and moral development and organization of leisure activities on extracurricular time.
The Regulation on the cultural and leisure center was approved by the rector of the university. It consists the general provisions, the organizational structure and the main objectives and functions of the Leisure Center.
The Leisure Center works closely with the Center for Youth Policy and the Student Parliament, and is part of the Section of educational and social work.
Newly enrolled students are accommodated in a university rented hostel located on Turgut Ozal street, 70. This is a 7-story multi-section building with separate entrances and electronic card entry. On the territory there is a sports ground, 2 dining rooms, a first-aid post, a library, a laundry, a mini-market, etc. New students, as a rule, are accommodated in one, two, three and four-bed rooms with roommates. All rooms are equipped with beds, work desks and wardrobes. Room sizes vary by sector. Each sector is equipped with household appliances.
On the territory of the hostel there are 2 dining rooms, and cooking is allowed in certain kitchen rooms, equipped with electric stoves and refrigerators, located on separate floors.
To take into account the rights of all residents, as well as in accordance with the University’s policy, residential premises are a non-smoking zone, which implies not only a ban on traditional tobacco products, but also on smokeless and electronic cigarettes. Smoking is forbidden both in rooms and in public areas, such as corridors and sectors. Smoking is also prohibited in the hostel.
The manager helps the students in the hostel, helps students complete the check-in / check-out procedure and is responsible for the sanitary and physical condition of the premises.
There is a security service that is responsible for security and security issues. The service is on duty 24 hours and is ready to help students.
The distribution of places in a rented hostel and the settlement of students and applicants is carried out by the commission. The commission acts on the basis of the Rules for the allocation of places in hostel of educational organizations (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 66 dated 01/22/2016). The Commission informs the students about the Rules for the allocation of places in the hostel and informs about the possibility, timing and form of submitting applications, about the need to provide students with accommodation in the hostel for the next academic year. If the number of students exceeds the remaining number of places, the resettlement takes place according to the following priorities (in order of priority):
- students who have lost one of their parents
- students whose families have a low income level (on the presence of a supporting document)
- other reasons.