Admission of foreign citizens to the Master’s Degree programmes is carried out on a paid basis. Obtaining of free postgraduate education on a competitive basis in accordance with the state educational order by foreigners is determined by foreign contracts of Republic of Kazakhstan, except for Master’s Degree Scholarship Programmes
Admission of foreign citizens to study at the Master’s Degree programmes is carried out on the basis of the results of the interview conducted by the University selection committee during the calendar year. Enrollment of foreign citizens is carried out in accordance with the academic calendar 5 (five) days before the start of the next academic period.
Documents on education issued by foreign educational organizations are recognized or nostrified in the prescribed manner in accordance with the rules.
Applications for admission to the magistracy are accepted by the selection committee of the University and (or) through the information system. The deadline for accepting applications is from July 3 to 25 of the calendar year.
Admission to the Master’s degree is carried out on a competitive basis according to the results of comprehensive testing (hereinafter referred to as CT).
Сomprehensive testing is carried out from August 8 to 16 of the calendar year, enrollment – until August 28 of the calendar year.
ADMISSION TO MASTER
The maximum number of points on CT is 150 points for a Master’s program with the Kazakh or Russian language of instruction.
ADMISSION TO MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES IS CARRIED OUT BY RESULTS OF CT IN ACCORDANCE WITH A 150-POINTS ASSESSMENTS SYSTEM FOR MASTER’S PROGRAMMES IN KAZAKH OR RUSSIAN LANGUAGES OF EDUCATION WITH A MINIMUM OF 75 POINTS, INCLUDING:
- in a foreign language at least 25 points out of 50,
- the test for determining readiness for education at least 15 points out of 30,
- Test on the profile of the group of educational programs: with the choice of one correct answer – at least 15 points, with the choice of one or more correct answers – at least 20 points.
Applicants who have scored the highest CT scores are enrolled on a state educational order on a competitive basis:
Minimal requirement for scientific-pedagogical and specialized Master’s degree with the Kazakh or Russian language of education is 75 points out of 150-points assessment system:
Scale of a 150-point assessment system for comprehensive testing in a master’s program with the Kazakh and Russian language of education
|Test types||Task form||Language||Number of tests||Points||Requirement|
|Foreign language test||Reading, listening and grammar tests||English/German/French||50||50||25|
|Test for determining readiness for education||with the choice of one correct answer||Kazakh/Russian||30||30||15|
|Test on the profile of the group of educational programs||with the choice of one correct answer||Kazakh/Russian||30||30||15|
|with the choice of one or more correct answers||Kazakh/Russian||20||40||20|
PREVIOUS EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS TO MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
Only applicants who have mastered professional higher education curricula are admitted to the Master degree programmes.
PREVIOUS EDUCATION SPECIALTIES REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS TO MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
- In specialty: 6M110100 – “Medicine”: higher professional education in the specialties: 5B130100 – “General Medicine”, 040100 – “Medical Care”, 040200 – “Pediatrics”, 040600 – “Eastern Medicine”, 5B130200 – “Dentistry”, 5B110400 – “Medical and preventive work.
- In specialty 6M110200 – “Public Health”: higher professional education in the specialties: 5B110200 – “Public Health”, 5B130100 – “General Medicine”, 5B130200 – “Dentistry”, 5B110100 – “Nursing”, 5B110300 – “Pharmacy”, 5B030100 – “Jurisprudence”, 5B050600 – “Economics”, 5B050700 – “Management”, 5B051000 – “State and local government”, 5B051300 – “World economy”.
ORGANIZATION AND CARRYING OUT OF ENTRANCE EXAMS
APPLICANTS FOR MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES HAVE TO PASS COMPREHENSIVE TESTING ACCORDING TO GROUPS OF EDUCATIONS PROGRAMMES, THAT CONSISTS OF:
- foreign language test of choice (English, French, German),
- test on the profile of the group of educational programs,
- test for determining readiness for education in Kazakh or Russian.
FOR MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN KAZAKH OR RUSSIAN, NUMBER OF TEST TASKS IS:
- foreign language test – 50;
- test for determining readiness for learning – 30, of which: 15 for critical thinking, 15 for analytical thinking;
- test in the profile of the group of educational programs – 50, of which: in the first specialized discipline – 30, in the second specialized discipline – 20.
ON EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM “MEDICINE”:
- 1st specialized discipline CT – Biostatistics,
- 2nd specialized discipline CT – Evidence-based medicine;
ON THE PUBLIC HEALTH EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM:
- 1st specialized discipline CT – Biostatistics,
- The 2nd core discipline of CT – Public Health.
COMPREHENSIVE TESTING (CT) IS CARRIED OUT BY THE NATIONAL TESTING CENTER OF THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN IN THE PLACES, DEFINED BY THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZA.
- Based on CT results, a certificate is issued.
- Retake CT in the year of their delivery is not allowed.
- Conducting CT is carried out in accordance with the Rules of conducting comprehensive testing, approved by order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated May 8, 2019 No. 190.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE ONE OF INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATES THAT CONFIRM ABILITY TO A FOREIGN LANGUAGE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PAN-EUROPEAN STANDARDS FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGES ARE EXEMPTED FROM CT FOR FOLLOWING FOREIGN LANGUAGES:
- English language: Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Programme
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Programm (Internet Test Forin Languj Institutional Testing Program) Internet-based Test (Internet base test) (TOEFL IBT (TOIFL AIBITI), threshold score – at least 46),
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-based testing (TOEFL PBT); threshold score – no less than 453,
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-delivered testing (TOEFL PDT)
- International English Language Tests System (International English Language Tests System (IELTS (AILTS), threshold score – at least 5.5);
- German: Deutsche Sprachpruefung für den Hochschulzugang (Deutsche Schprahprufun Führ Dein Hochschulzugan) (DSH, Niveau C1 / Level C1), TestDaF-Prufung (Testdaf-Profoon) (Niveau C1 / Level C1);
- French: Test de Franzais International ™ -Test de France Internacional (TFI (TFI) – not lower than level B1 in reading and listening sections), Diplome d’Etudes en Langue francaise – Diploma of children en Lang française (DELF (DELF), level B2), Diplome Approfondi de Langue françise – Diploma Approfondi de Lang Francaise (DALF (DALP), level C1), Test de connaissance du français – Test de connaissance du français (TCF (TSF) – at least 400 points).
The authenticity and validity period of the submitted certificates are checked by the selection committee of the University.
Applicants to the Master’s programmes in the application indicate one group of educational programs and up to 3 (three) organizations of higher and postgraduate education (OVPO).
CT results are announced on the day they are held.
On CT there is 3 hours 55 minutes for applicants with a Kazakh or Russian language of study.
Tuition and discounts for 2019 – 2020: